2012年5月1日星期二

GFW 2010 Rules Waiting to be Broken

,monster cable headphones

DSC_0629

What has happened to Susie you might be asking?  Where are the jutty outty shapes, the super bright colours, the big statement accessories that graduates show in abundance?  Ah, I'll get a bit sagely and start stroking my imaginary beard here and say that being loud and shouty won't necessarily get you heard in the metaphorical graduate room.  Not that, I haven't featured some traditionally 'loud' things...

Call it a change of taste.  Or perhaps I'm looking for merit beyond the needless application of a jutty outty shape coming out of the hips or shoulders.  Nathalie Tunna (Kingston) and her supposedly 'quiet' collection crept up on me slowly.  I was initially attracted to the effort that had gone into the bags - patent rucksacks, sweet cross shoulder leather bags and a patent tote with stitched in buckle straps making a pretty impressive accessories collection.  Then taking a look at her portfolio I found these words...

A book is always judged by its cover...

Heads up, stand straight, shoulders back

Rules, regulations,coach bags, dress codes waiting to be broken.

Etiquette, decorum and poise. A quest for elegance undercut by its delight of disobedience.

Long, dark,discount coach purses, panelled corridors, draughty rooms where young girls become ladies. Where innocence and youth become moulded to society's demands.

As I suspected, the clothes are a slightly subversive take on purely being pretty.  There were hints of Prada or Miu Miu where clean cut frocks, skirts and blazers played off with a sugary pastel palette.  Yes, decorum and etiquette is observed but the girls wearing these clothes might have some other yearnings.  For me it's all very Virgin Suicides and yes Air did come all over me as I was flicking through the portfolio.  A veneer of pretty is better than straight up pretty any day me thinks....

DSC_0554

DSC_0630

DSC_1205

DSC_0631

< DSC_0556

DSC_1208

DSC_0632

DSC_1206

DSC_0634

DSC_1207

DSC_0636

DSC_0638

DSC_0557

DSC_1210

**EDIT** I love it when the grads themselves stop by to add extra information.  Turns out all the bags are made in collaboration with Lucie Gonnard and are now available on French and English Confectioners along with other cute satchel styles for not a lot of money at all!  Pondering on the grey patent backpack now...

5holesmain 7smcreambluemain

8bagsetmain 10smcrmmain

没有评论:

发表评论