2012年5月12日星期六

The New Smashbox Be Legendary Lipsticks Answer the

Advertisement



smashbox be legendary lipstick (4)
Wearing Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Chai

Ugh. Projectile sports. You know, the ones that involve airborne objects like baseballs? I’m just so bad at them. Whenever I see something flying at me at high speed my first instinct is to run away, but if there were a projectile sport involving lipsticks and perhaps cute uniforms, well, that I might play. :)

Especially if the lippies were as pigmented as the new Smashbox Be Legendary Lipsticks ($19 each).

The new line of 20 bold lipsticks in matte and creamy finishes recently launched at Sephora stores, on Smashbox counters and also online, and I’ve been wearing three of the creamy shades for about a week — Chai (a caramel nude), Fig (a red grape) and Vivid Violet (a bold berry).

So far, I am totally impressed; I think they’re great!

How great? — well, how about Oreo cookies dipped in milk? Yeah, that great.

smashbox be legendary lipsticks in fig, chai and vivid violet
From the left: Fig, Chai and Vivid Violet

smashbox be legendary lipstick (2)
Swatches from the left: Chai, Fig and Vivid Violet

smashbox be legendary lipstick (1)
Wearing Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Vivid violet

smashbox be legendary lipstick (3)
Wearing Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Fig

I only need one layer for full, flawless coverage with these because of how pigmented and smooth they are, and they don’t leave any patchy spots or settle into my fine lines. I’m serious. Lips wearing these bad boys belong on the pages of a glossy magazine.

They have a very faint MAC-esque vanilla flavor and scent that lasts as long as I have them on. I like it, but if you prefer unscented lip products, it’s just something to keep in mind. As for wear time, I get about four hours between meals.

I’m loving these so much right now and can’t wait to try more colors, especially the corals and pinks.

PRICE: $19 each
AVAILABILITY: Available now at Sephora stores, on Smashbox counters and also online
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A+

2012: Day 2

So how was your very first Monday of the year? Good, I hope. Did you make it through unscathed?

Oh, I don’t know if I’ve mentioned yet, but one of my many New Year’s resolutions is to evolve my clothing style…

I haven’t exactly figured out what I want it to evolve toward yet, but I do know that I want to replace all of the pre-teen skater boy pieces in my closet (sadly, there’s a LOT of that going on).

I’ve been looking online for new designers and stumbled onto a gal named Abi Ferrin. She makes these really cute, comfy-looking dresses and tunics with kind of a cool Cali girl vibe.

Cute, yeah? Her stuff’s a little pricey, so I’m looking around for sales. I spotted a few pieces at Nordstrom… Still looking for more.

Who are some of the designers you’re currently hooked on? Please share.

Have a great night, and I’ll see you again soon. :)

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

没有评论:

发表评论