2012年9月10日星期一

How to Make Your Loose Powder Last

How to Make Your Loose Powder Last

Advertisement



loose-powder-with-brush

No matter how hard I try,Cheap NFL Jerseys,Cheap Louis Vuitton Outlet Store, I’m awful when it comes to controlling how much product I use with my loose powder jars.

It’s not like I’m devoid of muscle control,Coach Outlet Stores, or like I’m shakin’ the jars like a Polaroid picture.

I don’t know, but every time I gently shake a jar to load the sifter tray,Cheap Jerseys, mayhem ensues; powder gets everywhere,wholesale Jerseys china, and I’m sent down the same product-wastin’ path…

The wastefulness starts with the excess of powder in the tray. It’s why my brush gets overloaded with powder, which I end up blowing off or tapping away when I go to dilute the brush before application.

A lot product gets wasted in the process, and that makes me kind of cranky. :(

Makeup McGyver!

I finally found a way to doctor those jars of loose powder to cut back on waste.

It’s a cheap and easy trick that takes less than three minutes to do,Saturday Surfing_19, and it makes it easier to control the amount of powder that feeds through those built-in sifters, consequently reducing the amount of product that gets lost to the wind.

What you’ll need

benefit-one-hot-minute-sexy-in-seconds-tutorial-1

  • A jar of loose powder (the kind that comes with a sifter)
  • Scotch Tape
  • Q-Tips
Step by step, oh baby…

benefit-one-hot-minute-sexy-in-seconds-tutorial-2

First, create a clean surface for the tape by removing the powder from the holes in the sifter area with a Q-tip.

benefit-one-hot-minute-sexy-in-seconds-tutorial-3

Next, grab a small piece of tape from the dispenser; place it on top of a few of the holes in the sifter.

benefit-one-hot-minute-sexy-in-seconds-tutorial-4

Continue to cover up the holes with pieces of tape until you have just a few remaining. I usually leave about four uncovered, which allows just enough product — but not too much — to come through when I shake the jar.

All done. Now sit back and admire your genius!

Speaking of saving some bucks…

nordstrom-san-francisco
Nordstrom San Francisco Photo by Mistress Ching

If you’re going to be in the San Francisco Bay Area on Saturday, June 13, consider checking out the Nordstrom Cosmetics Summer Trend Show — it’s free. :)

Normally you’d have to pay $15 in advance to attend, but Nordstrom Beauty Director Joelle Russo says those who show up at the door on June 13th can get in without paying the cover charge.

The Nordstrom Trend Show event is a live,The Sula Beauty Eye Crayon in Never Say Never May Prefer Drier Lids Than Mine, hour-long show where national makeup artists from lines like Guerlain, Dior, MAC and Lancome dish on the latest seasonal makeup trends. The June 13 San Francisco show will also feature special guest Dr. Rey, star of the E! network show Dr. 90210 and creator of the new skin care line, Sensual Solutions.

To find a Trend Show in your area, visit the Events page on the Nordstrom website.

The show starts at 8:30 in the morning (yikes!), but Joelle suggests arriving at eight to secure a seat.

To attend, head to the elevators located next to the Nordstrom Espresso Bar on the bottom floor of the San Francisco Center. Go up to the fourth floor, which is where the show will be held.

I’ll be there bright and early to get my makeup fix!

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论