2012年8月23日星期四

5 Easy Steps to an Even Skin Tone

5 Easy Steps to an Even Skin Tone

Advertisement



5 easy steps to an even skin tone

Oh, to have perfect skin again… Wait, I’ve never had perfect skin. I’ve always wished I could just peel my head off the pillow in the morning, splash a little water on my face, tie my hair back into a ponytail and face the day with clear skin, bright eyes, my chubby cat and a smile.

I can handle the smile part by myself, but I need feline cooperation and makeup assistance for everything else.

Luckily, great looking natural skin tone doesn’t require hundreds of layers of foundation and every minute you can spare. Follow these five easy steps to an even skin tone.

1. Get Wet

Moisten a makeup sponge with water or a multi-purpose spray like MAC Fix+ ($19). It’ll thin out the liquid foundation we’re about to use it with and help it adhere evenly to your skin.

2. His/Her Name Is Pat

Place a dollop (about the size of a dime) of liquid foundation (I like DuWop Foundation of Youth; I’ve also heard great things about Chanel Pro Lumiere) on the back of your hand. Dab your wet sponge into the dollop, and pat around the face, starting with your nose and working your way out. Blend so the color fades as you move away from the middle of your face.

3. Give Yourself a Hand

Clean hands, that is. Make sure they’re dry too. Rub them all over your face with a soft touch, almost like you’re washing your face with imaginary cleanser. Friction will warm your foundation and smooth out any chunky bits of product.

4. The Art of Concealment

With concealer (MAC Pro Longwear Concealer ($16.50) gets the job done; it’s a long-wearing, water-resistant concealer that doesn’t look like a ton of goop sitting on the skin), I like to use a foundation brush and a technique called “the triangle method” under the eyes, but fingers work great too. After vanquishing your circles, go after any blemishes around the face with a more precise thin-tipped brush if you have one. A finer tip will let you target tiny spaces and save you from having to apply multiple layers.

5. You Are SO Powderful!

Lastly, set your makeup with a sheer dusting of your favorite pressed powder along your T zone using a large fluffy face brush. My powder of choice? MAC Blot, a long-lasting (about five hours), colorless powder-house to absorb oil and reduce shine.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

P.S. What are ya up to tonight? Right now I’m looking online for hair color ideas (what do you think I should do? PLEASE share), because tomorrow I have an appointment at the salon, WHEE!

Wish me luck! My roots are so excited. :)

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论